Making Your Mark Contest
APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
The Alliance has officially launched Making Your Mark (MYM), the inaugural catalyst micro-manufacturing program and contest to identify a rising star in micro-manufacturing to support in making the leap to commercialization. The official winner will be announced in October in accordance with National Manufacturing Day. MYM will serve as a jumping off point for aspiring micro-manufacturers to take their business to the next level. The winner will receive a start-up prize package valued at more than $50,000.
The MYM prize package will include the following sponsored services:
- Weintraub Tobin – 15 hours of business and/or real estate related transactional legal services
- Gilbert Associates – 15 hours of accounting consult to support their needs in the area of financial and business operations
- 3fold Communications – A strategic marketing package to be determined by 3fold based on needs of the winner
- CxORE – Twenty hours of entrepreneurial business coaching
- Comstock’s Magazine – ¼ page ad to announce the winning company
- Consolidated Communications Company – One year of basic voice and internet service will be equivalent up to $300 per month retail value
- F&M Bank – Free banking account and ancillary services up to $500 annually
- Graphic Focus – Business cards for new business up to $500
- The Capital Region Small Business Development Center – Assist the business with preparing, identifying in the preparation of their financial package and connecting them with the right lender
Judges for the Making Your Mark contest include local business leaders:
To apply and see the list of rules, click here.